When you think you might want to bring back a guest back with you to your room, it is essential that you choose the proper accommodation before arriving in Chiang Mai. The following hotels stated in my list are all known for being guest friendly / girl friendly / bargirl friendly so you won’t experience any hassles refusals or joiners fee when bringing back a companion with you.
Your best bet while in Chiang Mai is to hit the Chiang Mai Entertainment Center about 200 meters west of Chanklan road. It features around 30 bars with pool tables, loud music and pretty girls with on average 3 to 4 girls working in each bar. On most nights the total complex has about 80 bargirls and about 20 bar patrons. There is a Thai boxing exhibition at 9.00 and a ladyboy cabaret at 11.00 every night.
List of certified Guest Friendly hotels located in Chiang Mai near the action:
Room Rate Guide:
$ – 0- 1000 Bath / Under 33 USD / 25 EUR
$$ – 1001 – 2000 Bath / Under 66 USD / 50 EUR
$$$ – 2001 – 3000 Bath / Under 99 USD / 75 EUR
$$$$ – 3001+ Bath / 99+ USD / 100+ EUR
** All of the pictures below were taken by actual guests and reflect what the room is really going to look like **
B P Chiang Mai City Hotel (Formerly: Felix City Inn) $/$$
2 Khanklong Chonprathan Road, Chiang Mai
The entrance lobby is palacious and impressive with high ceilings and marble and comfy chairs. The rooms are large and clean although rather a bit worn out as the furnishings are relatively old.
Rakaeng Road Muang District Chang Klan 129/9, Chiang Mai
Situated a few hundred meters from the heart of the Night Bazaar (Chiang Mai shopping and entertainment area) This property caters predominantly to the local Thai market. It is a spotless hotel with spacious rooms and offers free buffet breakfast. Good place to stay if you’re on a budget.
- Guest Friendly policy reply by Buarawong Residence: “We confirm that our standard room can stay 2 person if more we have to charge 160 baht per person per night but do not have extra bed for you. When you friend come to hotel also have to regist with the front officer. Regards, Buarawong Residence Team”.
2 Khanklong Chonprathan Road, Chiang Mai
Out of the way location but huge clean double rooms, minibar, 24-hour room service, Superb laundry, good A/C, CNN and local stations, buffet for Thai rate of 500 – 600 baht. Guest friendly.
33/10 Charoenprated Road, Changklan, Muang, Riverside, Chiang Mai
Nice hotel with a good pool and plenty of facilities to match the big hotels. Its well located, and just opposite the Porn Ping hotel, on the other side of Charoen Prathet Road. Rooms are nice and clean with breakfast included for around 700 – 900 baht.
2-6 Ratchadamnoen Road, Old City, Chiang Mai
My second stay at the Montri, and the rooms are currently being upgraded. It is clean, safe, Guest Friendly and reasonably priced (the room rate includes breakfast). The Montri is directly across from the Thapae Gate in the old city of Chiang Mai.
- Guest Friendly policy reply by Hotel M Chiang Mai: “Dear Sir, Thank you very much to email to the hotel. We have room smoking and non smoking the room can stay for two persons.If you have somebody come to stay with you .The policy should tell them come to register at the reception.We didn’t charge you more. THANK YOU hotelmchiangmai”
111/4-5 Kotchasan Road, Amphur Muang, Old City, Chiang Mai
This hotel is very conveniently located near bars, market, etc. but far enough away so you’re not bothered at night by noise. The rooms are okay, small but clean with air-conditioning. Has a Nice swimming pool with sunbeds.
- Guest Friendly policy reply by Lai-Thai Guest House: “‘Dear Sir: Thank you for your email. We do not charge for a joiner fee. Best regards, Kai”.
39/9 Ta Pae, Soi 3, off Ta Pae Road, Muang, Night Bazaar, Chiang Mai
The Manathai Village is a small boutique hotel with an upscale looking albeit smallish pool and great gardens. Room had a comfortable king bed, nice linens, soft towels, and great air conditioning. The bathroom was clean, functional, spacious, and well stocked with upscale bath amenities.
- Guest Friendly policy reply by the Manathai Village Hotel: ”‘Please kindly note that the hotel policy willing to charge for the extra person at the cost of 1,500.-THB./night but we will not charge for a lady joiner if you book for a double stay. Best regards, Orapin K. – Reservations & Front Office Mgr. Manathai Village Chiang Mai”
*** So Make sure to book a room for 2 person (Same price as single room with Agoda) ***
Pornping Tower $/$$
46-48 Charoen Prathet Rd., Chang Klan, Muang, Chiang Mai
he hotel itself needs a bit of a refurbishment as it seems to be stuck in a time warp – but that doesn’t mean its not a good place to stay and the rates are pretty reasonable. The reception are efficient and the rooms cleaned impeccably every day.
Raming Lodge Hotel $$/$$$
17-19 Loikroh.rd. T. Chanag Klan A. Muang, Night Bazaar, Chiang Mai
Raming Lodge is located in the center of Chiang Mai, surrounded by restaurants and bars, and in walking distance of the Night Market. Those who like nightlife will love it! Excellent service, friendly staff, nice room, tour desk near the reception, good restaurant and breakfast. Complimentary minibar, coffee, fruit selection, WiFi. Very good value for money.
- Guest Friendly policy reply by Raming Lodge: “We don’t have any joiner fee. However, you have to take response if there is any damage were made by joiner. Thank you for your inquiry. Best regards, Toby”.
Royal Lanna Hotel $/$$
119 Loykroh – Night Bazaar Road, T. Changklan, A. Muang, Night Bazaar, Chiang Mai
This hotel is ideally situated in the Night Bazaar, the staff are very friendly and helpful, the rooms are big and clean and the travel service in the lobby is good. The swimming pool is small but clean, but the sun loungers are falling apart and need replacing.
41 Moon Muang Road, Amphur Muang, Chiang Mai
Good hotel with nice pool area directly in the heart of the city. Rooms simple, but clean. Paid just over 1000bht for Superior Room which was quite spacious and rather nice for the amount of dosh I handed over.