All the guest friendly hotels stated below are located within walking distance of the three main areas of Manila known for it’s bargirl and freelance action: The Ermita & Malate district and Makati. These establishments are all very popular with like minded visitors and I have personally taken the time to contact each and every single one of them as of November 2012 to make sure their guest friendly policy is still in effect. The replies provided by the hotel management can be seen at the end of each individual hotels description.
So, Where’s the action in Manila?
While you can find bars with girls sparsely sprinkled just about anywhere in Metro Manila the biggest concentration is to be found in two main areas. The biggest and oldest is downtown in the Ermita & Malate district where you can find loads of freelancers in one of the many lively bars along M.H.Del Pilar and Mabini street such as L.A. Café (24 hours), G-spot and Amazonia. The second, only a short cab ride away is located in the more upscale business district of Makati around Burgos Street and is known to have the best looking entertainers and bikini bars of Manila. The prices are accordingly steeper but this is a good place to start for newcomers to the Philippines who will find many similarities with Bangkok’s Soi Cowboy or Nana Plaza.
But just what is a guest friendly hotel?
A hotel that is considered guest friendly, bargirl friendly or girl friendly simply means that the establishment will allow and won’t charge any extra to take back an unregistered guest up to your room. Quite a few hotels in South-East have a bad habit of adding a “joiner fee” to your bill and these can cost anywhere around from 10 to 25$ a night depending on their policy. So if you unknowingly book a non-guest friendly hotel and plan on taking a lady back up to your room every night then you’re going to be paying a lot more money unnecessarily or worst outright denied her entry. I have taken the time to e-mail them all personally to make sure about their policy and have given their reply with the hotel description.
List of certified Guest Friendly hotels located in Manila near the action:
Room Rate Guide:
$ – 0 to 33 USD / 0 – 25 EUR
$$ – 33 to 66 USD / 25 – 50 EUR
$$$ – 66 to 99 USD / 50 – 75 EUR
$$$$ – 99+ USD / 75+ EUR
** All of the pictures below were taken by actual guests and reflect what the room is really going to look like **
Guest friendly hotels located in Makati :
1588 Pedro Gil Cor. M.h. Del Pilar Street, Malate, Manila, Philippines
The Hyatt is one of the more recent hotels in its category, which shows in the amenities and building. Room are big, spotless and the bed extra comfortable. Rooms were actually made twice a day both in the morning and at night as I noticed after going out at night. Right in the middle of the action in Malate/Ermita…
- Guest Friendly policy reply by the Manila Hyatt Hotel & Casino: “Greetings from Hyatt Hotel & Casino Manila! We do not have additional charges for any additional guests you may want to bring to your room. In case of additional breakfast or use of the hotel facilities, additional charges may apply”.
112 Legaspi Street, Legaspi Village, Makati, Luzon, Philippines
Don’t worry to much about the rundown looks of the building exterior, once inside the LPL Suites, you’ll be greeted by the cozy and warm ambiance of the reception. Overall, I’ve been quite satisfied with the standards of the apartment. The hall, rooms and dining area are all very clean. The hot water was always available quickly upon turning on the shower and the best part of it, the hotel is situated just opposite to Greenbelt 5.. In the end beyond our expectation for a budget apartment stay in this prime location.
- Guest Friendly policy reply by LPL Suites Greenbelt: “Thank you for your interest and we are pleased to inform you that its okay to bring a companion every night as long as he/she presents an ID at the front desk officer for identification and security purposes and of course with your permission”.
Makati Palace Hotel $$/$$$
5011 P. Burgos Corner Canceres Sts., Manila, Luzon, Philippines
Location doesn’t get any better than this in Makati! Just on the corner of Burgos street and it’s girlie bars, everything you may need is with-in walking distance. My room had a terrific view over Manila and it was quite big. The king size bed was pretty comfortable and despite the heavy traffic noise in the morning I slept well. Minibar prices are ridiculously high but there is a 7-eleven on the corner where you can get everything you need to fill it up at a fraction of the price. In the end I feel for the price of the rooms and prime location, the hotel was very good value for my money. I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for cheap affordable accommodation.
- Guest Friendly policy reply by the Makati Palace Hotel: “Thank you for the interest staying in our hotel. We are the friendliest hotel in Makati, that’s why we are allowing joiner to stay with the guest overnight without any charge except that we would be asking a valid identification and need to register for our guest safety. We are looking forward in welcoming you and your guest! Thank you. Best Regards, Shiela“.
Esperanza Street Corner Makati Avenue, Makati, Manila, Philippines
Hotel is centrally located in the Makati district just to Greenbelt! A place where you can be sure not to be hassled by beggars and peddlers of all sorts in a very secure environment. To keep it short… Everything was perfect, to the soft beds and pillows to the amenities available in the rooms. Great view of the business district from the window. They also have a nice pool, a number of bars and restaurants to choose from and spa services. Only downside is the bathtub that I felt was a bit too small to use if you are a tall sized European (No biggie) and that there was no free wifi or internet connection.
- Guest Friendly policy reply by the New World Hotel Makati City: “Regarding your inquiry for the additional guest, our room only rates are good for 1 or 2 persons. We only require additional charge for the third person which is Php 1000 and Php 1500 if it is with breakfast. Regards, Angelique Abalon, Reservations Department”.
Durban corner P Burgos Street, Makati, Manila, Philippines
Oxford Suites is also located right in the heart of the night life of Makati… Clearly that’s not for families as it’s on the corner of Burgos Street with its go-go bars and all that entails. Room was spacious and clean, the furniture, TV, Air Con and bathroom all in good condition, staff friendly and the food was awesome, I noticed only one minor problems as the water pressure was a bit on the low side..
- Guest Friendly policy reply by the Best Western Oxford Suites Makati: ”Please be advised that we do allow unregistered visitors to stay overnight without additional joiner’s fee, but as a standard security measure (especially for the safety of our guests), we recommend a valid ID be left at the security desk”.
Royal Bellagio Hotel $$/$$$
5010 P. Burgos Street, Poblacion, Makati, Manila, Philippines
The best selling point of the Royal Bellagio Hotel is it’s location smack in the middle of Burgos street (Manila’s red light district) it just doesn’t get any better than this! Room was a bit small but fine for a solo traveler, everything is very clean and well maintained with all the expected basic amenities: Comfortable bed, mini-bar, A/C, TV with a good choice of channels and a very friendly and helpful staff. Only downside I could think of was the missing in room safety box. TIP: Try to get a room higher up to avoid street noise.
- Guest Friendly policy reply by the Royal Bellagio Hotel “Sir all room are good for 2 persons regarding visitor policy sir its up to you if you want to register her or not for unregistered guest we have to call you every time visitor will leave the room, and she must bring a valid id and register on our VISITORS LOGBOOK.
Corner of Ayala And Makati Avenues Makati City, Manila, Philippines
The Manila Peninsula is a lovely, well run, top of the line hotel in Makati, the modern central district of Manila. The hotel doesn’t have all the polished opulence of the Hong Kong Peninsula, but Manila’s not HK after all. The rooms are large, very well equipped and attractively decorated. The beds well, once you drop into it you are guaranteed a blissful night’s sleep. Everything is clean and everything works perfectly as would be expected by a 5 star establishment. Breakfast is simply outstanding, something I looked forward to each morning.. There is extensive security entering the grounds, which reflects the reality of life in Manila rather than on the hotel. The level of service is typical of any five star Asian hotels.
- Guest Friendly policy reply by the Peninsula Manila: “Please be advised that the hotel does not charge joiner fee as long as it will only be for overnight (excluding breakfast) and the name of the joiner will be registered with the Front Desk”.
119 LP Leviste Street, Salcedo Village, Makati, Manila, Philippines
The Picasso Boutique Serviced Residences is located a very short walk from Greenbelt, where the neighborhood is safe and clean. So you won’t really need a taxi or a driver to get around anywhere in Makati from here. The rooms and amenities are outstanding, Ultra modern, clean and and comfortable. Same goes for the bathroom. Also, excellent in-room WiFi connection.
- Guest Friendly policy reply from the Picasso Boutique Serviced Residences: “Our rooms have a maximum occupancy of 2 adults. Shall there be third person to occupy the room, an additional charge of 1250php per night shall apply. As long as you do not exceed to the maximum occupancy there would be no charge for any extra person for the stay”.
Guest friendly hotels in Ermita & Malate
Executive Plaza Hotel $$/$$$
1630 A. Mabini Street , Malate, Manila, Philippines
This is not a fancy hotel. You won’t get a huge Las Vegas lobby, large pillars, or vast amenities. But what you’ll get however, is a large well-looked after room, excellent service by uniformed staff and a safe premises. Locations is great as Robinson’s Mall is a 2 block walk , the world-famous LA Cafe (renamed Manila Bay Cafe these days) is just 3 blocks away and the Bay walk 4. Also the Hyatt with the big casino is across the street.
- Guest Friendly policy reply by the Executive Plaza Hotel: “Warmest Greetings from Executive Plaza Hotel! Yes, joiner is allowed inside the room and there is no additional fee as long as you only bring one. Yes, ID will be presented upon check in“.
Las Palmas Hotel $$/$$$
1616 A. Mabini Street Malate, Manila, Philippines
Stayed in the Las Palmas hotel a few times in the past. The cheaper rooms are a bit small though reasonably priced . Beds are very comfy and the place always kept clean. You get lots of channels on TV in English and A/C unit works well. The bathroom is spacious enough and the shower is hot and powerful. Only downside is the pricey internet. Located right in the heart of Malate it’s but a short walk from several hotshots for nigh time entertainment. Security in Las Palma is good and never had any problems letting valuables in the room. TIP: Be sure the guest you bring back has proper ID as they are strict about this policy.
- Guest Friendly policy reply by the Las Palmas Hotel: “We are pleased to inform you that our Standard room that can accommodate 2 persons already. Just make sure your guest has a valid ID.”
Lotus Garden Hotel $$/$$$
1227 A. Mabini corner Padre Faura Sts., Ermita, Manila, Philippines
The Lotus Garden is a newly refurbished hotel in Malate that has unbeatable rates and a prime downtown location. Clean rooms, Free Wi-Fi, Free breakfast buffet, staff is friendly and competent. Security will ring up your room you by phone when you’re visiting “guest” leaves the hotel. Simply the best value for your money if you’re looking for something in the Ermita\Malate district.
- Guest Friendly policy reply by the Lotus Garden Hotel Manila: I have stayed here on my two previous trips to Manila and never have had any problems bringing a girl back to the room with me. Just make sure to book for two in Agoda (price is the same).
Orchid Garden Suites $$/$$$
620 Pablo Ocampo Sr. St. Malate, Manila, Philippines
This hotel wasn’t built yesterday and the age shows. However, this was of no great consequence to us as the comfort level was good. The room are a little tight but clean and well furnished. The suites on the other hand are very spacious with bedroom, living room and kitchen area. The staff, as often in the Philippines, was kind and helpful.
- Guest Friendly policy reply by the Orchid Garden Suites: “We are please to inform you that we have rooms inclusive for two persons already, Inclusive of buffet breakfast. In regards to your concern, if a guest who’s with you that time is not registered in our system, she may need an identification card and she needs to log to our security guards log book, by the time she will go out she will tell to our security guard on what room she came from and then the security will call to your room to confirm that person who’s been to your room is freely to go out”.
1638 A. Mabini Street, Malate, Manila, Philippines
I initially selected this hotel based on other travelers reviews from Tripadvisor. I can tell you that the hotel pictures don’t lie. Rooms were recently renovated, clean and comfortable. Over 80 channels on the TV and good A/C while a bit noisy at times if left on high. The Riviera Mansion is only a couple of minutes from LA Cafe (now called Manila Bay Cafe). Will cost you but a couple of dollars for a taxi ride to Makati, Mall of Asia or Greenbelt.
- Guest Friendly policy reply by the Riviera Mansion: “For security reasons, below is the hotel’s joiners policy: Unregistered guest are allowed to stay overnight if accompanied by the registered guest. Only two persons are allowed to stay in the room without additional charge. Unregistered guest has to provide an ID upon entering the hotel premises and to be retrieved upon leaving. The registered guest should call the guard to allow the unregistered guest to leave the hotel”.
Rothman Hotel $$/$$$
1633 M. Adriatico Street, Malate, Manila, Philippines
I stayed here for 3 days and I had an great stay. It’s very close to all attractions of Malate and Ermita and has very good amenities & clean rooms with backup generators, soft comfortable beds, Cable TV and fridge. There is no free wifi in the rooms and you have to buy internet cards.
- Guest Friendly policy reply by the Rothman Hotel: Warmest greetings from ROTHMAN HOTEL! below is the hotel’s joiners policy: Unregistered guest are allowed to stay overnight if accompanied by the registered guest. Only two persons are allowed to stay in the room without additional charge. Unregistered guest has to provide an ID upon entering the hotel premises and to be retrieved upon leaving. Minors who are not related to the registered guest are prohibited to enter the guest’s room.l”.
CCP Complex, Roxas Boulevard Pasay, Manila Bay, Manila, Philippines
The room are squeaky clean, spacious and elegant. The bed and pillow really comfy, plus the balcony and the view is really a plus factor, a magnificent view of the pool and the Manila Bay area. The only downside was that the WiFi wasn’t included in the price. The price was much lower than I paid at the Makati Shangri-La’ for similar amenities.
- Guest Friendly policy reply by the Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila Hotel: “Please be informed that the room can accomodate two (2) Adults and two (2) children below 12 years old. If you will be staying alone in the room and the joiner will just come when you arrive, there will no additional charge. However, please be informed that its the hotel’s policy to register the name of the joiner and ID will be checked as well”.
411 A Flores St | Ermita, Manila, Luzon 1000, Philippines
I have stayed here 3 or 4 times since my first trip in 2007, it is now under new management and sadly they have made significant staff cuts. The Swagman is not the Ritz but in the economy class hotel level. It still could be a good option for 1st time visitors to the country as they offer free pickup and transfer services to the airport & bush shuttles to other mongering parts of the country such as Angeles, Subic bay, Puerto Galera, etc.
- Guest Friendly policy reply by the Swagman Hotel: “The room is for 2 persons, so if you are only one, and you would bring a guest with you. The charge is still the same.”.
Pan Pacific Manila $$$$
M. Adriatico Corner Gen. Malvar Street, Malate, Manila, Philippines
The Pan Pacific is a pretty good value compared to other genuine five star hotels in Manila, which will easily go for twice the price & up. Check in fast and friendly with welcome drinks. The standard room was roomy and well appointed with a beautiful view of the Manila Bay. The bathroom was also roomy and has a sliding window which divides the bath tub (which has it’s own TV) from the bedroom. The room’s king size bed was wonderfully relaxing and came with crisp white sheets and down feathered pillows. Comes with complimentary internet access and a big LCD TV. The Pool area was always quiet during my stay with plenty of chairs for sunbathing.
- Guest Friendly policy reply by the Pan Pacific: “Greetings from Pan Pacific Manila! You may allow to bring back unregistered guest overnight without any joiner fee. And yes sir, guest will have to provide ID upon their check in at the reception..”