The bar girl friendly hotels stated in this list are all found along Samui’s most popular beaches: Chaweng and Lamai. These are very popular with like minded visitors so you shouldn’t experience too much gawking as you come and go. All offer great value for the money and good service while the rates themselves can greatly vary from budget to 5 star luxury.
Where is the action at?
In Chaweng you will find all you need along the 3KM long beach road. The main concentration is found in Soi Mango, Soi Starbucks and on the way to Chaweng lake. Lamai’s has a lot of it’s girly bars galore along it’s main street in Lamai Variety Center, Soi Macdonald’s, Lamai Night Plaza and Beer Bar Central.
But just what is a guest friendly hotel?
A hotel that is considered guest or bargirl friendly simply means that the joint won’t charge extra for taking back an unregistered guest back up to your room at night. A joiner fee can cost anywhere around 500 to 1000 THB a night but could be even higher depending on the hotel. So if you unknowingly book a non-guest friendly hotel and plan on taking a guest back up to your room everyday for a week then you’re going to be paying a lot more money unnecessarily. This is by no means an indication of their respectability as each hotel has different policies as long as you’re somewhat discreet. Since I am quite new to the Samui scene I had to rely for some establishments on message boards posts. On those I have taken the time to e-mail them a personally to make sure about their policy and have given their reply with the hotel description.
List of certified Guest Friendly hotels located in Chaweng & Lamai Beach:
Room Rate Guide:
$ – 0- 1000 Bath / Under 33 USD / 25 EUR
$$ – 1001 – 2000 Bath / Under 66 USD / 50 EUR
$$$ – 2001 – 3000 Bath / Under 99 USD / 75 EUR
$$$$ – 3001+ Bath / 99+ USD / 100+ EUR
Chaweng Beach Guest Friendly Hotels List:
Al’s Laemson Resort $$$/$$$$
154/14-15 Moo 2, Chawaeng Beach, Chaweng, Koh Samui
Al’s Laemson Resort is located on a small private beach about 200 metres from the Northern tip of Chaweng Beach. The resort is made up of around 80 little bungalow villas that have clean rooms and modern amenities. Great for those looking for a bit of privacy in a secluded area approximately 1 KM from the center of Chaweng. Downside: No Free Wi-Fi
- Guest Friendly policy reply by the Al’s Laemson Resort: “Dear Sir, Thank you for interesting our resort for your vacation As per below mention you can take the girl from local bar to the hotel every night but you have to put ID card at reception with NO additional charge because we want to check when you have the problem but we are not pay any extra if you have the problem with them. Best Regards, Surasak Hongsaeng (Tum) -Front Office Manager AL’S LAEMSON RESORT KOH SAMUI”.
92/1 Moo 2, North Chaweng Beach, Chaweng, Koh Samui
The Anantara Lawana Resort & Spa is located at the north end of Chaweng on it’s own private little beach. Away from the crowds but only a 10-15 minutes downhill walk to Chaweng town or a 50 Baht Tuk-Tuk ride. Set upon a hill, the Anantara Lawana Resort grounds are beautiful with 122 individual bungalow/villas of which many have their own pools. I would suggest spending the extra money to stay in one of the pool villas, being able to jump into your own pool is well worth the 10-15% extra. Positive: The infinity pool by the beach is amazing. Downside: Since the resort spreads upon a hill some villas require quite some amount of walking up to reach them.
- Guest Friendly policy reply by the Anantara Lawana Resort & Spa: “If you are booking a room for 1 person in any of our room categories then we do not charge for the unregistered guest because our rates are based for 2 persons, but if you’re a party of 2 people then we would charge the unregistered guest an additional THB 1,750+++ tax and service charge per night as an extra person. The unregistered guest will have to provide an ID card to be registered via the reception. Best regards, J-M Maudet -Anantara Lawana Resort & Spa”.
Al’s Resort $$/$$$/$$$$
200 Moo 2 Chaweng Beach, Koh Samui
The location could not be better. Our room was 10 paces from the beach and far enough from the busy main road to be away from the noise. The rooms are spotlessly clean and the housekeeping staff unobtrusive.
- Guest Friendly policy reply by the Al’s Resort: “Dear Sir/Mam, Thank you for interested our hotel, We are not charge for joiner. 1 room per 1 joiner + 1 guest of hotel.Best regards ,Toon”.
Ark Bar Beach Resort $$/$$$
59/89 Moo 2 , Chaweng Beach, Chaweng, Koh Samui
If you’re in Samui to party, the Ark Bar Beach Resort definitely place to be. Their bar is one of the busiest on the beach and has a great vibe: Pool party with DJ starts at around 2PM and the whole place turns into lively beach club after dawn that goes on late into the night. The rooms are very decent for the price and come with A/C, mini bar, TV/DVD player,safe, free Wi-Fi. The Ark Bar Beach Resort is ideally located close to beach, bars and pretty much anything there is to do in Chaweng. Little tip: On arrival ask for a room far enough from the beach end unless you don’t need sleep before 2-3AM.
- Guest Friendly policy reply by the Ark Bar Beach Resort: “Yes sir, no problem.”
11/2 Moo 2, Chaweng Beach, Chaweng, Koh Samui
The Buri Rasa Village is a fabulous little boutique resort built in authentic thai design located 3/4 down the quieter sourthern part of Chaweng beach or 10-15 minute walking distance to the busy nightlife area. All the rooms have been newly built so they come equipped with the newest amenities. Even their most basic room had a beautifully decorated living room with a big bathroom and balcony. The infinity pool is not big but fine for the size of the resort and when it is only 10 meters walk away from the ocean who really need a big pool? The highlight is the superb service which is most likely why they are currently rated #1 on TripAdvisor. Absolutely recommeded!
- Guest Friendly policy reply by the Buri Rasa Village Hotel: “We are very pleased to inform that we allow to take a extra person to the resort and she can leave the ID card at the reception. Best regards, Ms. Supansa Bureemas (Joy) Assistant Reservation Manager -Buri Rasa Village Koh Samui”
Chalala Samui Resort $$/$$$
19/3 Moo 2, Chaweng Beach Road, Chaweng, Koh Samui
The Chalala Samui Resort is located at the quieter northern end of Chaweng beach about 10 to 15 mins walking distance from the nightclub area. Sandwiched between more expensive resorts the place is well ran and very picturesque with a dozen or so bungalows that look a little bit like the Smurfs village. The hotel grounds are kept clean, pool area is nice and their restaurant on the beach was inexpensive with good food. Rooms are basic but for the price great and perfectly functional with proper bed, A/C, TV, fridge, safe, free Wi-Fi and a hot shower.
- Guest Friendly policy reply by the Chalala Samui Resort: ”You can bring woman to your room and come in to hotel is free of charged but you have to be responsible in case that she do some trouble. Have a nice time. Best regards, Jazz / Receptionist.”
Chaweng Garden Beach Resort $$$/$$$$
162/8 M00 2, Chaweng Beach, Samui
Chaweng Gardens has a broad range of rooms ranging where the cheapest huts overlook the carpark and get the most noise from town, while those nearer the beach are more private and quieter. My room was a deluxe and offered a fridge, balcony, air conditioning and in-room safe. The hotel is located at one of the busiest stretches of sand in Chaweng.
- Guest Friendly policy reply by Chaweng Garden Beach Bungalow: “Regarding the joiner fee, there is 50 B fee (we charge the lady not our guest) and the lady has to leave her ID card with security guard.” -Warmest Regards, Apple
Chaweng Palace Hotel $$/$$$
155/24 Moo 2 Chaweng Beach Rd, Samui
Rooms were new, clean and nicely furnished and decorated. Hotel is located right in the center of the action in Chaweng. No pool or beach front but value for money its perfect as the beach is a stone`s throw from the hotel anyways.
- Guest Friendly policy reply by Chaweng Palace Hotel: “Thank you for booking inquiry . Our hotel have good service and good friendly. We are not charge for joiner. Best Regards Jenny ( Reservation )”.
Chaweng Resort $$$/$$$$
Chaweng Beach, Koh Samui
The Chaweng resort is located on the southern end of Chaweng Beach, away from the busy central area. It has 2 swimming pools with lots of Sunbeds overlooking the beach. The little private bungalow I rented was lovely, not 5 star but they are very clean and have the usual stuff: A/C, TV, Safe , etc
157 Moo 2, Bophut, Chaweng, Samui
The outside areas of the hotel grounds need work as it has a bit of a rundown look. Rooms are ok (three types), with a/c, TV (with English channels), fridge, Bathrooms ok, but not more than 2 stars hotel standard (but still with hot&cold water). Friendly staff and clean rooms. Location : 10 seconds away from beach shore, situated in the core of Chaweng, with all it’s pro’s and con’s.
- Guest Friendly policy reply by the Chaweng villa beach resort: “Thank you for your kind email. We allow if your reservation booked for two person and please contact the reception when unregistered guest arrived. Best regards, JIb.”
Coral Bay Resort $$$$
9 Moo 2, Chaweng Beach, Tambon Bophud, Koh Samui
The Coral Bay Resort & Spa is located at the northern end of Chaweng beach about 10-15 mins walking distance from the main strip. The whole place has a quiet and relaxed feel to it with beautiful gardens and nice pool. Beach is OK but not a great place for swimming or watersports due to all the rocks and shallowness at low tide. The bungalows are very spacious in typical thai style with a massive 7 feet bed, day lounger, waterfall shower and big balcony all kept impeccably clean.
- Guest Friendly policy reply by the Coral Bay Resort: “We don’t charge as the rate is for two persons, for safety we have to ask ID card.”
Evergreen Resort $$/$$$/$$$$
167/32 Moo 2 , Chaweng Beach, Samui
The room had modern decor and was extremely clean. The air conditioning worked and there was plenty of hot water. The room had a tv and tea/coffee making facilities and an electronic safe in the wardrobe. Depending on which bungalow you get, the beach is a 2 minutes walk away through a leafy garden and another hotel property. The main street with bars and restaurants is another 2 mins away in the other direction! Despite this, our room was quiet, because the resort is set far back enough from the road.
- Guest Friendly policy reply by the Evergreen Resort: “Thank you for your choose our Resort. We will let you know if you would like to bring your guest (1 person) to our Resort we don’t charge anything.”
Update (26/04/12): Their website now shows a 500 THB fee for joiners but after contacting them about this they did tell me I could bring one joiner free of charge. I would recommend to avoid any unpleasant surprises that you:
- Book a room for two persons through agoda (same price than 1 person anyways)
- If you rather book through their website ask them to make sure they will waiver any joiner fee on their reservation page.
3/57 Moo 2 Soi Poonsawas, Laem Din, Chaweng, Samui
Room was spacious, and comfortable included a large fridge, a desk area, plenty of room to put your bags, TV with English speaking channels with good reception, a balcony, in-room wifi, and a roomy enough bathroom. Shampoo, soap, and towels are provided. Cleaned everyday. The bathroom was very clean and spacious. It’s a good location in the sense that it’s an easy walk to the beach or nightlife, but the actual street it’s on is run down with no sidewalks.
- Guest Friendly policy reply by FX Resort Chaweng hotel: “yes can, but the “unregistered guest” has to leave ID at the reception, or your own security.” Manfred -GS Manager
88/8 Moo 3, Chaweng Beach, Bophut, Samui
The Kirikayan Boutique Resort is located near the southern end of Chaweng on the best part of the beach. A very small and elegant hotel of only 30 rooms with a great pool and swim-up bar. Rooms are nicely decorated and laid out with huge and very comfortable beds, excellent wet room showers, highly effective A/C unit and good Wi-Fi connection even from when on the beach.
- Guest Friendly policy reply by the Kirikayan Boutique Resort: ” We are very pleasure to inform you that we selling room per night for 1-2 persons. If you are single use and prefer to take other person join in your room, there is no extra charge for this person but please inform that girl give her passport or ID card to reception before get in the room. Best Regards Naruebet Tipsawet (Mr.) -Assistant Sales & Reservation Manager”
Montien House Hotel $$$/$$$$
5 Moo 2, Chaweng Beach, Samui
Montien House Hotel is located on Chaweng beach and right in the middle of the action. Rooms are clean and comfortable although the whole complex could do with a little revamp here and there. The pool isn’t huge but big enough given the size of the resort so you always have free sun-beds whenever needed. Downside: Beach not as it’s best here due to the immediate proximity of the wave breaker so the water can get a bit stagnant at times, Wi-Fi worked properly only near Pool & Restaurant.
- Guest Friendly policy reply by the Montien House Hotel: “Dear Sir we are allow for joiner fee for free of charge but keep her ID card at the reception. Best regard, Supawee Maliphol -Reservation Montien House”
O.P. Bungalow $$/$$$
111 Moo 2, Chaweng Beach, Koh Samui
The O.P. Bungalow is a beachfront property located only a few minutes walk from Ark bar and Chaweng’s nightlife. The resort offers basic air-conditioned bungalows with TV, fridge, safe, hot shower & balcony, rooms are spotless and cleaned daily. The deluxe bungalows that had I had a peek at were slightly more expensive but had lot more style being newly renovated. The tropical garden settings is also very nice. Downsides: No Free Wi-Fi & Beds a little hard.
- Guest Friendly policy reply by the O.P. Bungalow: ” Special girl no charge, but inform us for see ID card. Any query information, let me know again. Thank you so much. Best Regards, PAN”
Palm Island Resort $$/$$$
101 Moo 2, Chaweng Beach, Chaweng, Koh Samui
The Palm Island Resort is located in a relatively quiet spot on the Northern portion of Chaweng Beach while being within walking distance from the main nightlife venues in town. The room, although basic, was kept extremely clean and came with a good A/C unit, TV, fridge, free Wi-Fi & the nice little balcony overlooking the garden was very peaceful. While the resort is definitely not in the not luxurious category and slowly starting to show it’s age the pool area and location kinda make up for it. Positives: Right on the beach, lovely pool area, close to the action, clean. Downside: Breakfast is quite a poor affair
- Guest Friendly policy reply by the Palm Island Resort: ” Yes we won’t charge, but we just keep only her ID card. Regards, Weawnapa.”
Pandora Lifestyle Hotel $$$/$$$$
119/34 moo 2, North Chaweng Beach Road, Bophut, Koh Samui
The Pandora Lifestyle Hotel is located just outside the center near the northern end of Chaweng about a 10-15 minutes walk to Green Mango (the lively area). The beach can be accessed directly from across the road through Chalala resort. The resort offers some very unique facilities to say the least and have somewhat of a
Flintstones cartoon theme to it. You will feel like you were living in the town of Bedrock! Rooms are very funky and modern with a lot of different colored mood lights that you can change with a remote the settings to just how u want. A cool feature is that the TV is hooked up to a PC so you get access to loads of movies from within it’s library. The Pandora Lifestyle Hotel also offers a small pool area where you can and relax and take a dip. Staff is really friendly.
- Guest Friendly policy reply by the Pandora Lifestyle Hotel: ” No worries concerning that subject, if you book a 2 pax rooms we aren’t considering your private life. Only for security reason you might take the id card from your guest. Hoping to answer to your question. Sunny regards, Yanick.”
Pawanthorn Samui $$$$
249, Moo 2, Bophut, northern part of Chaweng Beach, Koh Samui
The Pawanthorn Samui is located a 5-10 minutes walk away from North Chaweng Beach in a Nice and cozy environment. The villas are very modern and well appointed with everything you need including your own private pool. A bit outside of the center so you would need a motorbike to get around to the center.
- Guest Friendly policy reply by Pawanthorn Samui: “Dear Sir, We allowed to bring an unregistered guest without any additional fee. But she have to leave her ID card at the reception. Best regards, Thanakorn Anugoolrachathon Villa Manager.”
4 Moo 2 Chaweng Beach, Koh Samui
Location is right in the middle of the action for entertainment and food but just a far enough walk to get a quiet nights of sleep. Resort is right on the beach and the rooms are spacious, bathrooms a fair size with a shower stall. Hot water is always available. If your looking to stay in a nice but not luxurious resort for a cheap price this should a good option.
- Guest Friendly policy reply by P&P Samui Resort: ” They don’t have a website nor e-mail but been here before and no problem to bring a girl back.”
Sans Souci Samui $$/$$$/$$$
17 Moo 3, Chaweng Beach, Samui
The Samui Sans Souci is located in a quiet area near the southern tip of Chaweng where the beach is best for swimming. The resort has a beautiful tropical garden and while there is no pool the fantastic beachfront location makes up for this. The Bungalow rooms are nice and spacious all made up of wood. The dark tones take a little time adapting to but the rooms are nicely decorated and well appointed with everything you need.
- Guest Friendly policy reply by the Sans Souci Samui: “Sawasdee krab, Thank you for interested our hotel. Our rooms are for 2 persons. As long as you apply the room policy for 2 persons, we won’t charge any additional cost Please note that the girl must leave her ID at the reception. We are happy to be part of your vacation. Best regards, Phupha V.”
17 Moo 3, Chaweng Beach, Samui
The Samui Resotel and Spa is located at the quieter southern end of Chaweng beach away from all the bright lights, clubs, bars & discos (10- 15 mins walk away) but at one of the best spots for swimming. The resort is only about 3 years old so everything is modern and new with a nice white color scheme to it. The standard rooms are facing the main road and can get a bit noisy due to the traffic. The Sea view rooms are better from the noise and overlook the main pool and sea. Pool villas are even nicer though the private swimming pool isn’t all that private since it’s easy for your neighbors to see what you’re doing. Downside: No Free Wi-Fi and very expensive to purchase at the resort.
- Guest Friendly policy reply by the Samui Resotel and Spa: “We would like to informed you that for joiner fee is no additional cost for bring the girl to the hotel but the girl have to leaved her ID card at the reception and you have to sign the document at the reception for bring the girl to the room and in the morning if you bring the girl to breakfast you have to pay to restaurant THB 400 net per day if your girl have breakfast but if the come in the night and go out in the morning no extra charge. Should you have any further information or assistance please do not hesitate to contact us. Best Regards, Saowanee Sae-aui Ms. -Reservation Supervisor.”
4/16 Moo 3 Chaweng Beach, Samui
Quieter location in South Chaweng, but only 10 minute walk to main bars etc. Has own private beach in front of First Bungalows For the price I paid for the standard room, it was more than what i expected and more than enough. the rooms are very big, has a big bed and big windows, minibar, double bed, working toilet, air-con, shower, TV with over 20 channels. don’t expect any views at this place unless you are paying for the deluxe rooms, but if you’re looking for one of the cheapest and best places to stay at Chaweng then First House is probably the one, especially if you’re able to catch one of Agoda’s deals.
Seascape Beach Resort $$/$$$
The Seascape Beach Resort’s location is right on the quieter Sounthern end of Chaweng beach. Sandwiched between more expensive resorts the facilities here are divided between hotel rooms with balconies in their main building and bungalows with balcony. Rooms are large yet very simply furnished though they cover all the basics: A/C, TV, mini-bar, hot shower and free WiFi. No in-room safe but available in the lobby. Pool is small but beach location is about the best on Chaweng for swimming, restaurant is good and not expensive.
Guest Friendly policy reply by the Seascape Beach Resort: “Thank you for your interest in Seascape Beach Resort. There is no additional charge to bring a guest to your room.”
The Island Resort & Spa $$/$$$
162/21 Moo 2, Chaweng Beach, Samui
Stayed here for 2 nights and had a room with sea view. In general the hotel was very nice. The rooms were well appointed – nothing super special, but ok value for money. Comfortable, cool enough and mosquito proof. Just a minute walk to get to the beach.. They do charge for WiFi access.. Has very easy access to the main beach road where all the nightlife is located. The place is right on the beach, you can swim in the pool and look out to the ocean.
- Guest Friendly policy reply by the Island Resort & Spa: “As per our hotel policy there is no additional charge staying 2 persons in one room. However, if ever you will invite your lady not included in your booking to stay with you, you will sign a joiners agreement and it is required that she will surrender her identification card with the security guard. Thank you. Nora Lim”
Lamai Beach Guest Friendly Hotels List:
Hotels in this list below are all located in Lamai
Am Samui Palace Hotel $$$/$$$$
124/39 Moo 3, Tambon Maret, Lamai beach, Koh Samui
The Am Samui Palace Hotel is located right in the heart of Lamai so if like to have everything at hand: Bars, clubs, beach, market etc. within less a than few minutes walk, this is the place for you. Rooms are of good size with big balconies, nothing flash but has all the necessities and everything is kept spotlessly clean. TIP: If you don’t want to be disturbed from the noise at night ask for a poolside room.
- Guest Friendly policy reply by the Am Samui Palace Hotel: “No additional joiner fee. Best Regards, Pawaris -Am Samui Palace”.
Beach Republic Hotel $$$$
176/34 Moo 4, Tambon Maret, Lamai Beach, Koh Samui
The Beach Republic Hotel is a luxurious 4-star resort with a fabulous beachside location on the northern tip of Lamai beach with quick access to Chaweng beach just a 5-10 minutes taxi/motorbike ride away. Rooms are nice and spacious, clean and modern with little perks such as personal espresso machines & complimentary use of iPads. A highlight of the Beach Republic is it’s fantastic outdoor bar & lounge area with beautiful cabanas and beach chairs where a DJ mixes some great chillout songs. Always rated in the top 5 on tripadvisor.com you can’t go wrong here although it might be a bit expensive for some with it’s 100$+ price tag.
- Guest Friendly policy reply by the Beach Republic Hotel: “Thank you for your interest in Beach Republic. Yes, no problem at all. There is no additional fee if you would like to bring a lady over, although breakfast would be extra if so desired. Kind Regards, Nathan -Marketing Director, Beach Republic Group”.
Bill Resort $$
127 Lamai Beach, Samui
They offer a range of room types depending on your budget, steps lead down to a nice sandy swimming beach and their restaurant overlooks the beach. Our room was spacious and had good facilities – satellite television with a few english channels, lovely bathroom and comfortable bed. We stayed in one of the rooms with a large balcony and could see the pool from there.
- Guest Friendly policy reply by Bill resort: “Greeting from Bill resort Koh Samui. Second person allows for our guest with out any charge. Regards Moo”.
Lamai Beach Residence $$/$$$/$$$$
124/384 Moo 3 Tambon Maret, Lamai Beach, Lamai, Samui
The Lamai Beach Residence is a new property that opened in 2007. The apartments are very clean and come equipped a small kitchenette with fridge & microwave, living room corner with sofa & TV, toilet with hot water plus the Wi-Fi is free. Location is also good: 200 meters from the beach and within walking distance of Lamai town. Good Value for your Buck.
- Guest Friendly policy reply by the Lamai Beach Residence: “Hello, No need to pay more , just my security guard check her ID. Bye, Oliver”.
Lamai Chalet $/$$
127/9 Moo 3 T.Maret A. Lamai, Samui
Lamai Chalet is a budget resort located near the southern end of Lamai beach. They offer various types of basic fan bungalows in the 10 to 30$ price range as wel as a few A/C rooms with TV & fridge.
Thai food at their restaurant was good, the setting is pretty and not far from one of the nicest strips of sand on Lamai beach. The resort also has a small pool. Staff are nice but the Swiss owner is one grumpy old fellow at times.
Guest Friendly policy reply by Lamai Chalet: “We do not charge for unregistered guest overnight stay, and we not have ID check. With kind greetings Pumpui & Jürg Müller (Swiss) - Team Lamai Chalets”.
109/11 Moo. 3 Maret, Lamai, Samui
I stayed in a pool view room that had a king size bed, A/C and hot water. The beautiful Lamai beach is about as close as you can put a hotel from it. The restaurant was good for Thai food but i would give the western food a miss. The nearby bar is noisy until two or three in the morning, didn’t bother us too much as were night owls. The location is a compromise between proximity to the beach and distance to the main street in the town – both are fairly short walks, however, this hotel is situated closer to the beach then the town. The walking distance to town isn’t more then 5 minutes at a slow stroll, while the distance to the beach is closer then that. In fact, the hotel’s restaurant is on the beach.
127/264 Moo 3 Tumbon Maret, Lamai, Samui
Lamai Wanta is a lovely new development just off the beach in the bustling little town of Lamai. Very quaint clean bungalows and very handy location just seconds away from the main street but also seconds away from the beach too. Got all you need in the rooms, TV and DVD, nice shower comfy beds, relatively modern and has good staff.
- Guest Friendly policy reply by Lamai Wanta Resort: “We don’t charge for joiner but we have to copy ID-CARD of joiner.”
146/24 Moo 4, Lamai Beach, Koh Samui
Le Meridien Koh Samui is an absolutely stunning 5-star property located on the northern tip of Lamai beach. You can choose from a variery of suites that are all modern and luxurious. The Pool Access Suite is particularly attractive since the room opens up to your own outdoor private pool area with sunbeds. The cuisine is 5-star & staff are amazing. Highly recommended if it’s in your budget range.
- Guest Friendly policy reply by Le Méridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa: “Thank you for your interesting to stay with us. No extra fee for the unregistered guest, of course, her ID is required.”
Montra Hotel $$$$
142/33-42 Moo 4, Maret, Lamai, Samui
The Montra is a small boutique hotel that offers a collection of private and luxurious villas. Located at the top of a hill it’s about a 10 minutes walk to Lamai Beach. Villas are very spacious and each one has it’s own living room, bedroom (king size bed), bathroom with bathtub & separate shower plus direct access to the pool which runs threw the garden and around each villa. Everything looks cosy and you’ll feel right at home staying here. In the top 10 Koh Samui hotels according to Tripdavisor.
- Guest Friendly policy reply by the Montra Hotel: “May we inform you that room rate is base for 2 persons if you come to check in only one person. We allow you bring 1 joiner stay overnight but please leave her ID card at reception due of hotel policy. Best regards, Su.”
124/24 Moo 3 Lamai Beach, Lamai, Samui
The Pavilion Samui Boutique Resort is a beachfront property located right in the middle of Lamai along the nicer part of the beach. The resort offers 70 rooms in four different categories: The Plunge Pool & Deluxe Jacuzzi rooms are in a main buildings while the Pool Villas & Hydro Pool Suites are free standing. In a nutshell great across the board with nice clean rooms, beautifully manicured garden settings, excellent pool and bar area, great food and staff .While this resort isn’t the newest in Lamai it is still in my opinion one of the best 4 to 5 star options along the beach.
- Guest Friendly policy reply by the Pavilion Samui Boutique Resort: ” Have been booked for single or double? We have to charge for the 3rd person on THB 2000 net per night. If you stay for single occupancy we can honor you for free joiner, but she have to leave ID card at the reception and hotel will not take any responsibility in case of incidental may occur. Thank you & best regards, Somphop Boonpairoje (Poo).”
109/12 Moo 3, Maret, Lamai Beach, Lamai, Samui
The Rich Resort Beachside Hotel is one of the least expensive accommodations along Lamai beach that you’ll be able to book online. For 15$ (fan) to 30$ (Superior A/C) you can expect a clean room with: Sat-TV, fridge, safe, a hot shower & 2 free bottles/day. No in-room Wi-Fi but available for free at their bar just across the road. Good little no frills hotel for those on a tight budget only 5 minutes walk from Lamai centre.
- Guest Friendly policy reply by the Rich Resort Beachside Hotel: “Hello, no our resort has no joiner fee. The joiner just must leave Id card with security. Kind Regards, Tim Richardson. -Rich Resort Beachside Hotel & Swing Bar Samui.”
124/10 Moo 3, Maret, Lamai Beach, Lamai, Samui
The Rummana Boutique Resort is a beachfront accommodation located at the Southern end of Lamai Beach about 500 meters from Grandfather & Grandmother Rock. The resort is made up of a series of 40 bungalows (detached & semi detached) spread across a well manicured tropical gardens which are linked together through little pathways. The Bungalows are very nice and spacious 4-star accommodations with everything clean and tidy inside. Few negatives: Beach is a little rocky be careful if swimming in rough weather. Wi-fi was weak at times in the room but OK in public areas.
- Guest Friendly policy reply by the Rummana Boutique Resort: “Thank you for your interest in our small boutique resort. We do not have a policy to charge a joiner only leave her ID card at the front desk for security report. Best regards, Suphawan Khunthong Ms. -Reservation.”
Samui Jasmine Resort $$$$
131/8 Moo 3, Lamai Beach, Lamai, Samui
Samui Jasmine Resort is a small beachfront complex located on one of the best part of Lamai for swimming just a stone’s throw from the main strip so it’s only a few minutes walk from the bars. Set among beautiful lush green gardens the Samui Jasmine Resort has lovely infinity pool overlooking the sea. Rooms, which I would describe as 4-star are very modern and clean with some Thai style mixed in them. Positive: Beds are for once very comfortable. Negative: TV only had but just a few English speaking channels.
- Guest Friendly policy reply by the Samui Jasmine Resort: “Warmest greeting from Samui Jasmine Resort. We would like to inform you that for the Joiner We don’t charge for Joiner Fee, Just leave her ID card at the Reception desk. Best regards, Ms.Orasa Tae-Sakun Reservation Dept.”
Samui Laguna Resort $$/$$$
124/103 Lamai Beach, Samui
Just came back from Samui where I spent 4 days at Samui Laguna. Location is great, very quiet at the beginning of Lamai Beach, beautiful water and nice sand. You can walk to Lamai with many restaurants, bars and shopping within 5 minutes. They offer Bungalows and rooms in the main building. All rooms have been renovated recently. My bungalow was very nice, modern and appealing.
- Guest Friendly policy reply by the Samui Laguna Resort: “We are pleased to received an email from asking this hypothetical question, to tell you honestly, there is NO ADDITIONAL FEES for those joiners of the room for the guest. The only thing they have to do is just leave their identification card here at the reception. Have a wonderful day ahead! Sincerely yours, Ahmie.”
Samui Beach Resort $$/$$$/$$$$
124/11 Moo 3 T Maret, Lamai Beach, Lamai, Samui
The Samui Beach Resort is a great little place for budget travelers situated at the southern end the Lamai beach next to the grandfather and grandmother rock. The resort is well maintained and has a pool with sunbeds, not the biggest but clean and nice to have, free sunbeds are also available on the beach. The fan rooms are cheap but very basic with just the shower and Wi-Fi access. Unless you are on a very strict budget I suggest the A/C Rooms for a bit more space and comfort (flat-screen TV, fridge, coffee/tea making facilities, balcony). Positives: Beachfront location, price, clean rooms. Negatives: Food at their restaurant & Wi-Fi unreliable in room at times.
- Guest Friendly policy reply by the Samui Beach Resort: “Of course no problem to take female guest to the room, also we do not check the ID cards. Greeting’s, Yves”
124/446 Moo 3, T Maret, Lamai Beach, Lamai, Samui
The Samui Seabreeze Place is located just across the road leading to the beach and 2-3 minutes walk from Hat Lamai road and it’s nightlife. The resort is made up of two distinct parts: You have oldish type bungalows on the beach side and a newly build three story high building with around 15-20 rooms on the road side. The rooms in the newer part are spacious and clean equipped with good bedding, A/C, TV, fridge, safe, free wi-fi and balcony overlooking the pool. They also have their own restaurant right on the beach where the free breakfast is served. For a hotel at this price range it’s not a bad deal.
- Guest Friendly policy reply by the Samui Seabreeze Place: “Our hotel not charge you only have to leave id card. Best regards, Ananya.”
Samui Sense Beach Resort $/$$/$$$/$$$$
124/61 Moo 3 Maret Lamai Beach, Lamai, Samui
The Samui Sense Beach Resort is located right on the beach in a fairly quiet area yet everything is in walking distance from it: Pubs, bars, food. The hotel which is a totally revamped version of the former Galaxy Resort is rather small in size but it’s grounds are very well manicured and the pool area is nice. The rooms are big and clean with proper A\C units and a big comfy beds. Their beachfront bar & restaurant serves good food but is a little expensive, staff is extremely helpful.
- Guest Friendly policy reply by the Samui Sense Beach Resort: “Regarding your inquiry regarding joiner. We don’t charge anything for that purpose. What is important is when the guest check out the joiner should as well leave the room. Regards, Noli Dula AFOM.”
Sand Sea Resort & Spa $$/$$$/$$$$
155 Moo 4 T.Maret, Lamai Beach, Lamai, Samui
The Sand Sea Resort & Spa is located along the quieter northern side of Lamai beach which is divided in two by a small stream inlet just next to the it. The resort is pretty and feels secluded, has a nice little pool, bar and restaurant and best of all is right on the beach. Rooms are good and cleaned daily. The superior and deluxe rooms offer a bathtub instead of just a shower of the smaller standard ones and if money is no issue you can have as look at their pool villas right on the beach with a large private pool, Jacuzzi and modern equipment. Downside: When walking on the backside of the resort there were some swampy smell coming from a drain and creek nearby but gladly it didn’t reach our room, restaurant or the beach.
- Guest Friendly policy reply by the Sand Sea Resort & Spa: “We don’t charge joiner fee, but as you understand correctly, we require an ID card of the joiner for your own safety. Thank you very much. Best Regards, Ramida Pulpol. General Manager”
Seaview Paradise Hotel $$/$$$/$$$$
206/1 Moo 4, T. Maret, Lamai Samui
The Seaview Paradise Beach and Mountain Holiday Villas Resort is made up of two distinct parts offering either spacious modern villas right on the beach or mountainside apartments with 1 or 2 bedrooms and spectacular views. The beachfront villas, over 75 square meters area each, are the most expensive and come with two bedrooms, living room, kitchen, dining room and large outdoor balcony with deck chairs. The hilltop villas offer similar comfort but they also have a cheaper 1-bedrooms apartments on a lower level in the 50$ range that is great value for money, it’s smaller at 30 square meters but they still offer good views over Lamai from the large balcony and the infinity pool on the highest level is incredible!
- Guest Friendly policy reply by the Seaview Paradise Beach and Mountain Holiday Villas Resort: “No problem with bringing a friend with you assuming the quiet times on our property 11PM-8AM are observed. We look forward to having you with us. Best regards, Gary Squires Seaview Paradise Beach & Mountain Holiday Villas Resort”
Varinda Garden Resort $$/$$$/$$$$
82/3 Moo 3 T. Maret, Lamai, Samui
The Varinda Garden Resort is a peaceful property perched on a hilltop overlooking the sea surrounded by tropical gardens about 5-10 mins walk to Lamai town & beach. They have a nice Infinity pool, restaurant and bar with a lot of lounging areas with chairs, cabanas and hammocks. The bungalows have their own balcony with table & chairs which are surrounded with thick shrubbery making it very intimate and private from each other, never heard anything coming from neighbors. Rooms are spacious and properly equipped with big beds, fridge, cable TV, safe, coffee, separate shower and tub, coffee/tea maker and lots of seating areas. Negatives: Bad in room Wi-Fi reception (OK at or near plublic areas), hard beds.
- Guest Friendly policy reply by the Varinda Garden Resort: “The room price for 2 persons and if you are only one guest you can bring them with out any fee. But please be aware of your valuable. Wish you have a nice day. Best Regards, Thada”