The guest friendly hotels stated below are all located in Ao Nang and within walking distance of the beach, bars and nightlife hot spots of the town. These establishments are also very popular with like minded visitors and I have personally taken the time to contact each and every single one of them as of March 2012 to make sure their guest friendly policy is still in effect. You can check out the reply they provided with the hotels description. All offer both great value and good service while the rates themselves can greatly vary from budget to 5 star luxury.
So, where is the action at in Ao Nang?
While the vast majority of the visitors who make their way to Ao Nang are more interested in daytime beach activities and island hopping tours than raucous nightlife this doesn’t mean there’s no bar girl or freelancers on offer. Your best bet for female companionship would be to explore Ao Nang’s dozen or so beer bars which are located directly behind Beach road or walk ± 500 meters up the main road leading to Krabi town then just opposite to Mc Donald’s you have soi with a bunch more.
Wondering what’s a guest friendly hotel?
A hotel that is considered guest or Bargirl friendly / Girl Friendly / Guest Friendly simply means that the establishment will allow and won’t charge any extra to take back an unregistered guest up to your room. A joiner fee can cost anywhere around from 10 to 25$ a night but could be even higher depending on the hotel policy. So if you unknowingly book a non-guest friendly hotel and plan on taking a girl back up to your room everyday for a week then you’re going to be paying a lot more money unnecessarily or worst outright denied entry. This is by no means an indication of their respectability as each hotel has different policies as long as you’re somewhat discreet. I have taken the time to e-mail them all personally to make sure about their policy and have given their reply with the hotel description.
List of certified Guest Friendly hotels located in Ao Nang near the action:
Room Rate Guide:
$ – 0 to 33 USD / 0 – 25 EUR
$$ – 33 to 66 USD / 25 – 50 EUR
$$$ – 66 to 99 USD / 50 – 75 EUR
$$$$ – 99+ USD / 100+ EUR
** All of the pictures below were taken by actual guests and reflect what the room is really going to look like **
Ao Nang Guest friendly hotels List:
Ao Nang Cliff View Resort $/$$/$$$
10/5 Soi 11, Moo 2, Ao Nang, Krabi, Thailand
The Ao Nang Cliff View is about 5-10 minutes away from the beach and surrounded by a natural jungle and some amazing Cliff Mountains scenery. This Resort is made up of around 30 bungalows and the facilities include a nice pool with some great views, a gym and restaurant which are all located among perfectly groomed manicured tropical gardens. They have price options to stay in and all are of pretty good value. My bungalow was immaculate with a sparkling clean bathrooms, a veranda with chairs, proper hot water and not a bug inside due to good screens that can open up the whole room up but kept those annoying critters out. A free shuttle car leaves to the beach/shops/restaurant/ area every hour.
- Guest Friendly policy reply by the Angkor PhC Hotel: ”Dear guest,We don’t charge for joinerBest regards,Maem – Front office, Ao nang cliff view resort“.
Ao Nang Cozy Place $$/$$$
420/16-17 Moo 2, Aonang, Muang, Ao Nang, Krabi, Thailand
The Ao Nang Cozy Place is a pleasant hotel that would best suit those looking for clean and decent amenities while keeping the costs to a minimum. Rooms here are clean, modern and all come with flat a screen TV & safe + proper bathroom with hot & cold water. Location is about a 15 mins walk from beach
- Guest Friendly policy reply by Ao Nang Cozy Place: “If you come aloneand bring 1 girl , no problem but breakfast not include for her”.
Aonang Orchid Resort $$$/$$$$
141 Moo 2, Muang, Ao Nang, Krabi, Thailand
Last time I was at the Aonang Orchid Resort was in late October (low season) they had some very reasonable rates of 2000 Bath for the Superior Rooms. Prices tend to double here though by mid-November. The rooms are absolutely lovely, clean and spacious with comfortable beds, fridge, TV, big safe that managed to fit my 17 inch laptop, boiler provided with cups & Tea and Coffee and a lovely balcony overlooking the best pool I had during during my month long trip in Thailand. The location is second to none! The beach, shops, restaurants and bars are all literally within a minute’s walk but slightly set back from the road so there is no trouble with noise.
- Guest Friendly policy reply by the Aonang Orchid Resort: “Please note that if you stay in the room only 1 person if you have joiner you have not to pay any charge but the girl should bring ID card to copy at the reception. Best regards, Pawinee Laosen -Front Office Manager”.
Ao Nang Phu Pi Maan Resort & Spa $$$/$$$$
86/8 Moo 2, Ao Nang, Krabi, Thailand
The Phu Pi Maan is a beautiful high end resort located in a quiet green environment with no traffic noise. To get to the beach you can either walk for around 10-15 minutes (+/- 1 km) where you’ll find plenty of bars and restaurants along the way or use the free two way hotel shuttle. The room and bathroom are really big and tastefully decorated with a nice traditional Thai touch to it. Amenities are great and include: Air con, 32 inch flat screen TV and balcony which overlook the pool and the huge limestone mountains that characterizes Ao Nang. They don’t serve any alcohol, but have not problems if you stock up your fridge with it.
- Guest Friendly policy reply by the Claremont Angkor Hotel: “Please be advised that there is no additional fee for any visitor to our resort unless your room is booked on a single occupancy basis only. The only thing such a visitor has to provide is the ID at the reception”.
105 Moo 3, Ao Nang, Krabi, Thailand
Blue Village is In a quieter part of Ao Nang, roughly 700 meters to the beach and an easy walk but they also they offer a free two way mini van transportation. The cottage I had was beautiful, nicely decorated and spotless. Even though Blue Village is not exactly a 5 star resorts, Room are very comfortable. The gardens were well maintained and cottages are not directly next to one another so you’ll get a bit of privacy. All rooms, even the Fan ones, have: TV, shower, safe, free Wi-Fi. Good value for money.
- Guest Friendly policy reply from Blue Village Resort by Chanintra: ” Our resort doesn’t collect joiner fee if unregistered guests leave the room before midnight. However, if you make a reservation for two guests per room. They can still share the room ovvernight with you without extra charges For guest’s own safety, unregistered guests will be asked to present their I.D. cards to our resort staff”.
Green View Village Resort $/$$/$$$
279 Moo 2 Ao Nang, Thailand
The Green View Village Resort is a tucked back a little bit from the beach and the main bar places but these can be reached in either a 20 mins walk or a few minutes 40 baht by Tuk Tuk ride. The hotel also offers a free shuttle from 9am to 8pm hourly and in my experience there even gave free rides between the hours. The resort surroundings are beautiful and the place is very well maintained. They offer a variety of different styles of accommodation so it’s easy to find one that suits your budget and needs. The most basic are standard fan bungalows in the 20$ range (fan, moskito net, cold shower, but well furnished and clean with a very nice bathroom) to 70$ the Pool Villa room with all the modern amenities.
- Guest Friendly policy reply from Green View Village Resort: “Hello, We are pleased to inform you that you can bring your guest overnight without fee. Thank you in advance, Green view village”.
Harvest House $/$$
420/18-19 Moo 2, Ao Nang, Krabi, Thailand
Harvest House is a small hotel of Bed & Breakfast type with an extremely friendly and helpful staff. Great location: Near massage centers, tourist spots, nightlife, local eateries & beach is a 10 minutes walk down the hill. Rooms here are spacious and comfortable with large beds, good air-con, TV (with 50 channels), fridge, safe, hot water & Free high speed Wi-Fi. The only draw backs I can think of is there’s no swimming pool and a little noise from passing traffic but that’s from the location on the main road.
- Guest Friendly policy reply from the Green Town Guest House: “We do allow the customers to bring back a bargirl to sleep overnight as long as the guest will not bring more than two. Accoerding to the hotel policy, the room can be available for two persons in one room. To illustrate that you can bring one bargirl. If you would like to bring more than one bargirl, you have to pay more. Your sincerely, Harvest House”.
Luna House $/$$
470/7-8 Moo 2, Ao Nang, Krabi, Thailand
The Luna house is located a little further away than most of the tourist accommodation in Ao Nang and is around 2KM from the beach. By foot it’ll take you a good 20-25 minutes to get there but a quick tuk-tuk ride will only cost you 20 baht. Facilities at this guest house are clean and in good condition. Each room is equipped with Air-con, Sat-TV, refrigerator, private bathroom, free wifi and a safety deposit box. I liked the bed and had a really good sleep in it which isn’t always true in all guesthouses. Definitely a good option for those on a bit of a budget and who use their public/private transportation or don’t mind the distance to the beach.
- Guest Friendly policy reply from Luna House: ” Happy to informed you that we allow hotel guest to bring outside guest stay overnight. Looking forward to serve you. Best Regards, Mr.Jon”.
420/14-15 Moo.2 Aonang Muang, Ao Nang, Krabi, Thailand
The Pranang Flora House’s location is a bit up the hill from the center of Ao Nang but access to town is not that big a deal and doable on foot or you can always hire a tuk tuk if you are feeling lazy. Just a short walk from the bars and restaurants & around 10-15 minutes to get to the beach. This is not the most luxurious hotel in Ao nang but rooms are cheap, clean and big enough with all with all modern amenities: Good king size double bed, flat-screen TV, fridge, in-room safe, hot water & free wi-fi. The area isn’t noisy,rooms feel secure and staff friendly. So all in all the price is of very good value.
- Guest Friendly policy reply from Pranang Flora House: “Greeting! from Pranang Flora House, It’s ok it you would like to take one person to your room. The room can stay 2 person in one room or 3 person in one room with extra bed”.
Srisuksant Resort $$/$$$/$$$$
145 Moo 3, Nopparatthara Beach, Ao Nang, Krabi, Thailand
The location of the Srisuksant Resort is in my opinion just excellent, directly across from the more secluded Nopparat Thara Beach. You’ll get to some peace and quiet at night being at the far end of Ao Nang Beach while only a 5 mins walk to main strip of bars and action. Also, boats to the islands for some daytime activities are a mere 10 meters away. The Seabreeze room I got was spacious, bed was comfy, had a lovely bathroom with rainfall shower and pressure shower, proper AC, LCD TV, mini fridge and Free Wi-fi Free that had a great connection. The resort has two pools one with a swim up bar that’s opened from 10 AM.
- Guest Friendly policy reply by the My Home Cambodia Guest House: “Warmest Greeting from Srisuksant Resort, Noppharatthara Beach Aonang Krabi Thailand. We are pleased to inform you visit we not charge joiner. Thank & Regard, kamonphan”.
153/6 Moo 3, Ao Nang, Krabi, Thailand
The Swiss Chalet hotel is located a 10 mins walk from Ao Nang Beach and 5 mins to Noppharat Beach. Even cooler it’s less than a 5 mins drive from the jetty, so very handy if you’re coming in by ferry from Phuket. The area is peaceful and the guesthouse is surrounded by luxurious boutique hotels. The room I got was in a really good condition and while basic spacious enough with all the needed facilities: big bed, small fridge, safe, big TV with a few cable channels, closet space, free wi-fi, hot water shower and a balcony. The only negative I can think of was the low water pressure and that the bed was a little hard. Staff is super friendly and speaks a mix of English, German & Thai.
- Guest Friendly policy reply by the Swiss Chalet Hotel: “This is not a problem. No control and free. You pay for the room and you can do what you want. They just have to be pretty and well Best regards and see you soon, Roland“.