The bar girl friendly hotels stated in this list are all centrally located in Phnom Penh. They are very popular with like minded visitors so you shouldn’t experience any problems bringing home a guest as long as you maker sure she has a proper piece of ID with her. All offer great value for the money and good service while the rates themselves can greatly vary anywhere from budget to 5 star luxury.
Where is the action at in Phnom Penh?
Phnom Penh is a surprisingly good little party town. The nightlife is vibrant offering a wide range of evening venues, from dance clubs and girly bars to neighborhood pubs and crazy clubs. Your best bet is to start out with any of the major freelancer spots which are: Heart of darkness, Walkabout bar, Sharky’s and Martini, Darkness club, Shanghai club and Butterfly.
But just what is a guest friendly hotel?
A hotel that is considered guest or Bargirl friendly / Guest Friendly / Girl Friendly simply means that the establishment will allow and won’t charge any extra to take back an unregistered guest up to your room. A joiner fee can cost anywhere around from 15 to 25$ a night but could be even higher depending on the hotel policy. So if you unknowingly book a non-guest friendly hotel and plan on taking a girl back up to your room everyday for a week then you’re going to be paying a lot more money unnecessarily or worst outright denied entry since Cambodian hotels are generally more strict than their Thai counterparts. This is by no means an indication of their respectability as each hotel has different policies as long as you’re somewhat discreet. I have taken the time to e-mail them a personally to make sure about their policy and have given their reply with the hotel description.
List of certified Guest Friendly hotels located in Phnom Penh near the action:
Room Rate Guide:
$ – Under 33 USD / 25 EUR
$$ – From 33 to 66 USD / 25 – 50 EUR
$$$ - From 55 to 99 USD / 50 – 75 EUR
$$$$ – 99+ USD / 75+ EUR
** All of the pictures below were taken by actual guests and reflect what the room is really going to look like **
126 street 63 Sk Chak Tomuk K Daun Penh, Street 240, Phnom Penh
I booked an Executive Suite for 6 nights over two stays, and was very satisfied with the value-for-money. The room opens to a hall leading to a living area and balcony, after passing bedroom and en-suite bathroom. Bedroom size is generous with a huge comfortable bed, flatscreen cable tv, air-con, easy chair, desk. Everything was very clean with fresh laundered towels and bedlinen. Out of the way location but huge clean double rooms, minibar, 24-hour room service, coffee table, good A/C, CNN and local stations. Definitely Guest friendly.
Guest Friendly policy reply by Aqua Boutique Guesthouse Hotel: “That is cool for that. so please tell us when do you want to stay with us. Thanks! Best regard, Pheakdey”.
Sothearos Blvd, Behind Motor cafe, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
The Alibi Guesthouse is a converted three story french colonial mansion located in a very peaceful environment. A little hard to find at 1st, the guesthouse is set back 75 meters from the main Boulevard down a quiet little alley less than 10 minutes walk from many of main sights like the Royal Palace, Silver Pagoda and Sisowath Quay (the riverfront boardwalk aboundant with street-side cafes and Happy Hour bars). The room was basic but neat and clean with four poster bed & mosquito net, AC unit & fan, older generation TV, fridge, free Wifi, safe, wardrobe, safe and wet bathroom with free toiletries provided. The Breakfast is included in the rate served in their lovely courtyard.
Guest Friendly policy reply by Alibi Guesthouse: “Hello, Thank you for your interest to our Guesthouse for your stay in Phnom Penh. We do not charge additional fee if you bring a girl for the night but she will need to keep her ID card at the reception. — Thanks and best regards, Christian”.
#1, Street 154, Corner Sisowath Quay, Riverfront, Phnom Penh
The Amanjaya Pancam Hotel offers a fabulous location right on the riverfront with practically everything available at walking distance: Sights, bars, massage, etc. The Junior Suite in which I stayed was very spacious and equipped of all wood furnishings: floor, sofa, table arm chairs, sink base, bed-base,etc. Really loved the interior design. The en-suite bathroom was also very spacious with separate full sized tub and walk in shower. The view from balcony of the Sisowath Quay and riverfront are great, some street noise but very mild once inside the room with doors closed .The rooftop bar offers a great panoramic view of the area in either an open air or air-conditioned settings.
Guest Friendly policy reply by the Amanjaya Pancam Hotel: “Warmest greetings from the Amanjaya Pancam Hotel! Referring to your below mention request, it is possible for you to bring a lady to your room but she have to leave her ID or passport at the reception. Best regards, Ms Chariya -AMANJAYA PANCAM HOTEL”.
38-50 Street 148, Khan Doun Penh, Riverfront, Phnom Penh
The Angkor International Hotel is centrally located: in 5 minutes walk you can be at the riverfront and it’s many pubs, sights like the royal palace, national museum, wat ounalom are just as close and at night Heart of Darkness disco is less than 10 minutes away. The Superior rooms was fairly spacious and equipped with these amenities: Decent bed, air-con unit that did its job, Flat-screen TV had a choice of international channels, safe, fridge, wi-Fi is fast everywhere and a proper bathroom with powerful shower.
Guest Friendly policy reply by Aqua Boutique Guesthouse Hotel: “Dear Customer, Would love to inform you that there is no extra fee for the new guest but she must Show her ID or passport to represent herself at the reception because this is the policy of the hotel and our country regulation and we do this for the safety of our hotel clients. Regard, Pat Syna”.
Bougainvillier Hotel $$$/$$$$
277G Sisowath Quay, Riverfront, Phnom Penh
This hotel meets all the needs of a solo traveler. It is located right on the main riverfront street, and the suites overlook the Tonle Sap River and all the happenings along the main waterfront walkway. Room are huge and the bed is comfy. Maybe a bit pricey for Phnom Penh but the view of the river some would say make up for the extra money.
- Guest Friendly policy reply by Bougainvillier Hotel: “Thank you so much for your interested making a reservation with our hotel. We are pleased to inform you that, for guest friendly for sure we will allow unregistered but they must keep their ID card or passport at our hotel’s reception desk before inter to the room. Note: if you are a single traveler and you reserve a room for double occupancy the extra joiner is free of charge for over night”.
Circuit Hotel $/$$
# 42 Street 154, Phsar Thmey, Phnom Penh
Circuit is an excellent value hotel and one of the very few in its category with a pool which was the initial attraction. Room I got was quite large, very clean, air-conditioned and quiet at night. Breakfast was served in the morning by the beautiful infinity pool. The hotel is well located a bit far from the waterfront reachable within a 20 min walk or US$ 2 tuk-tuk ride.
- Guest Friendly policy reply by Circuit Hotel :“Actually, our hotel allow you to bring guest overnight if she has ID card. However, our receptionists need to ask permission from you before she goes into your room or when she leave the room. It will be not extra changes”.
Eureka Villas $$/$$$
24, Street 184, Street 240, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Eureka Villas just opened a year ago, so everything here is very new and clean. Convenient location in the center but just off the main road, so traffic noise isn’t an issue either. Room in good size, comfy bed, modern bathroom, nice small pool , polite & cheerful staff. There is also an iPad available for guests to surf on the free WiFi if you have no means to do so.
- Guest Friendly policy reply by Eureka Villas: “Thanks for your enquiry through our website. The single room will not charge for the Joiner fee. Chivorn -Assistant Manager”
#139, Street 13, Sangkat Phsa Kandal 1, Khan Daun Penh, Near Riverfront, Phnom Penh
The Golden River Palace Guesthouse is pretty centrally located only 5 minutes walk to the riverside and maybe 10 mins to the Royal Palace and Silver Pagoda. Guesthouse caters to those in the budget category offering both rooms and dorms, there is no bar or restaurant here. Expect basic rooms with the essentials: AC unit, TV, minibar, wifi, fridge & wet room. The one I got was located on the top floor and had a balcony with a view. Staff was friendly, always a hello or goodnight upon entering the guesthouse.
- Guest Friendly policy reply by the Golden River Palace Guesthouse: “It is okay if she has ID card. Don’t worry about it. See u soon. Kinds Regards, Bona”.
H Hotel Cambodia $$/$$$/$$$$
15, Street 246, Riverfront, Phnom Penh
The H Hotel has a good location just 5 minutes walk to the Royal Palace and Silver Pagoda, also close to the Riverfront and nightlife. The hotel is also tucked away in a small alley so it stays peacefull at night. The 8 room boutique property has a modern minimalist black & white decoration with some nice paintings and artworks. All felt very cozy and private very much to my liking. The room was not exactly spacious but still good size and followed the same modern minimalist design with a big comfy bed at the center of the room, nice bathroom with shower and all the expected amenities: TV, small sofa corner, safe, mini-bar, wifi, safety deposit box, outside terrace, etc. The staff was very friendly, recommended!
- Guest Friendly policy reply by the H Hotel Cambodia: “Greetings from H Hotel. Thank you for interested our hotel on your upcoming trip to Phnom Penh. Yes you can bring guest friendly to stay the night without charge. For the hotel Policy and Cambodian law, and the guest friendly must 18 years old or over. They must bring ID card for register at the hotel. And the hotel will not responsible for any damage or lost your belonging during your friend or any outsider stay with you. Please feel most welcomed to mail me back should you require any other information or assistance. Kindest Regards, Bun Reasey (Ms.) | Reservations Supervisor | H Hotel Cambodia”.
Number 16 Bis, Street 302, Sangkat Boeng Keng Kang I, Khan Chamkamorn, Phnom Penh
Hilary’s Boutique Hotel is a new property located in a clean and central part of Phnom Pehn not far from all the major sights and nightlife. The rooms are very well kept and come with comfortable beds, good A/C unit, flat-screen TV, free Wi-Fi, reliable hot water & modern bathrooms. They also have a nice and relaxing pool and bar area to cool off while enjoy a drink after a day’s out where you can listen to the birds and geckos instead of traffic. Good quality/price ratio.
- Guest Friendly policy reply by the Hilary’s Boutique Hotel: “Thanks for intention of coming to stay with us. It is ok with what you requested. No extra fee charged. Looking forward to seeing and serving you. Eng Veng -Sales Manager.”
28-30, Street 130, Sang kat Phsar Kandal I, Khan Daun Penh, Riverfront, Phnom Penh
The hotel is conveniently situated for the riverside . The room was large as was the bed with air-con which was good, hot shower, cable TV and breakfast included. Staff were friendly and spoke good English. Free internet for all guests.
- Guest Friendly policy reply by the Indochine 2 Hotel: “Definitely yes you can bring another guest in without extra charge and you have to responsible for that guest. With our best regards,General Manager Indochine 2 Hotel”.
#164B, Norodom Blvd, Phnom Penh
La Rose Boutique Hotel & Spa is an all new high-end boutique hotel with a fabulous decor located right in the heart of Phnom Penh close to all the sights and nightlife. At 100$/night it isn’t certainly isn’t cheap but the luxuriousness of the place is amazing! The rooms are very spacious and the attention to every little detail is what you would expect of any world-class 5 star hotel.
- Guest Friendly policy reply by La Rose Boutique Hotel & Spa: “Thank you so much for your kind interesting in staying with us and please kindly be informed that there isn’t any other fee charge if you would book a double or twin room for 2 people and of course, we would require her ID or passport to be kept with our reception for your safety purpose.. My best regards, Vothy Rith”
#30, St, 23, Bak Touk, Phnom Penh
The Lone Star Saloon Guesthouse is located in a great spot only a few streets from the nightlife and close to all the major daytime attractions. Rooms are big, clean and well equipped with king sized beds, flat-screen TV (with a good set of channels), in-room safe, mini-bar, A/C & Free Wi-Fi. Great food & service as well.
- Guest Friendly policy reply by the Lone Star Saloon Guesthouse: “We have a policy that you may bring guests to your room as you please without any additional charge. We do not hold I.D.’s at the reception, but I would ask that you walk your guests down if they leave late at night, or else our guard will come up to make sure all is okay. We provide a mini safe in the room and I highly recommend you use it. Having said that, we have never had any thing come up missing at the Lone Star. Thanks! Greg”
Manor House $$/$$$
#21, St.262, Daun Penh, Street 240, Phnom Penh
The Manor House is a wonderful cosy little place in the heart of Phnom Penh. The rooms are lovely and have cable TV, good a/c, a fridge, tea and coffee making facilties & good Wifi signal. Greg and his team are amazing. They are helpful and really spend time talking to the guests and will make you feel at home.
- Guest Friendly policy reply by Manor House: “Thank you for your email. All visitors to guest’s room must be over 18 and must leave ID at the reception - that’s a goverment requiment . Acceptable ID are: Passport, National Identity Card, Valid Driver Licence, Valid Student Card, Employment Card with Photo. Extra guest charge $7.00 per night this is including with the breakfast. Regards, Manor House Team”.
262 Monivong boulevard Sangkat Boeungraing Khan Daun Penh, Phsar Thmey, Phnom Penh
The hotel rooms were clean and modern and made up everyday. Each of them comes with a personal safety deposit box and the usual A/C , TV & free wifi . Pretty centrally located within Phnom Penh, it’s still a 5 minute tuk-tuk ride down to the waterfront. Only problem is rooms overlooking reception can get a little noise from the Buddhist temple at 4am right next door.
- Guest Friendly policy reply by the Mittapheap Hotel: “Greeting from Mittapheap Hotel- Phnom Penh. Thanks for your email,please to inform you that if you book for double room,yes exactly your friend stay without charge”.
Mysteres & Mekong $$/$$$/$$$$
#70, Street 244, Royal Palace Area, Phnom Penh
Converted from an old two story colonial villa, the Mysteres & Mekong is set in a tropical garden with a pleasant shaded pool area. Good location next to street 240, so Royal Palace, Silver Pagoda or Riverside are all about 10 mins walk away. Booked the dragon room which was quite spacious with a decent set of amenities: comfortable bed, small LCD TV set on a desk, mini bar, safe, free Wifi, bathroom with shower and a large balcony.
- Guest Friendly policy reply by the Mysteres & Mekong Phnom Penh Lodge: “Thank for your question, I would like to inform you some information in our hotel. If you prefer to book room with us for a girl you can bring her with you but she must leave ID at the reception until you check out. One more thing you have to book double room for 2pax if you book for single room and check in for 2pax we charge extra 12USD even you book by online”.
Ohana Hotel $$/$$$/$$$$
#4-6, Street 148, Riverfront, Phnom Penh
The Ohana Hotel (formerly Hotel Castle) has a good location only 2 minutes walk to the riverfront of which you can catch a glimpse from their rooftop restaurant with lots of bars, massage parlors and pubs within walking distance. The main sights like the Royal Palace/Silver Pagoda are maybe 10 mins away. The room I got was clean and tidy, bed was large and despite being on the harder side still comfortable, LCD TV, Safe, Free WiFi, A/C unit worked just fine, hot water OK, complete set of bathroom amenities, so no complaints here. There’s also a nice pool at the ground level where you can unwind and cool off after a long day in the heat.
- Guest Friendly policy reply by the Ohana Hotel: “Hello, Thanks for your interesting our hotel. Please be informed that it is no charge for bringing the girl over night. If you wish to book a room with us near future we are please to inform that our hotel have many services as below: Dear Nigel Hughes, Warm greeting from Ohana Hotel,”.
Paddy Rice $/$$
#213-217, Sisowath Quay, Riverfront, Phnom Penh
Popular bar that now has 12 brand new hotel rooms available with 6 of those with river views. Great location, the manager is a nice guy and the staff well trained and helpful. The bar is based on a Irish sporting bar theme and works surprisingly well on the Phnom Penh riverfront, with a cooling breeze to keep the heat at bay.
- Guest Friendly policy reply by the Paddy Rice Hotel: “Please be advised that there are no additional fees for your guests. Many thanks, Paddy Rice Hotel”.
Riverside Suites Phnom Penh $$$/$$$$
Corner Sisowath Quay & Street 144, Phnom Penh
- Guest Friendly policy reply by the Riverside Suites Phnom Penh: “Thank you very much for your interesting in Riverside Suite Hotel. We would like confirm you that you could bring the girl into your room without any additional joiner fee. Regard, Bunthea”.
Royal Inn Hotel $/$$
No. 128D8, Sothearos Blvd, Tonle Basac, Bouding, Phnom Penh
I enjoyed my stay at the royal inn, the hotel is pretty modern and the furniture, beds etc are adequate. It’s clear that the cleaning staff don’t completely maintain the new hotel to western standards, but they are on hand to ensure basic cleanliness. Location is ok, it’s not the best street with a couple of dilapidated buildings further up the street. The riverside and royal palace are not too far though. I never had any problems on the street and stayed for quite a long time at the Royal Inn.
- Guest Friendly policy reply by the Royal Inn Hotel: “Thank you very much for your interest in our hotel. We do not charge for extra joiner fee but must be register at counter”.
Silver River Hotel $/$$/$$$
61 AB Street 172, Khan Daun Penh, Phnom Penh
The location of the Silver River Hotel is good with all the main sights (Royal Palace/Siver Pagoda/Central Market) within walking distance, the Riverfront is less than 5 mins away with plenty of bars and nightlife going on in the area. Stayed in a Standard double room which was clean and basic but covered all the expected amenities (click for pic): LCD TV, Mini-Bar A/C unit ans a good shower in the bathroom with plenty of water pressure. Only downside was there was no view from my room in the back of the hotel.
- Guest Friendly policy reply by the Silver River Hotel: “Warmest greetings from Silver River Hotel. Thank you very much for your supporting our hotel, regarding to your overnight guest inquiry I would like to recommend you to booking for 2 person staying if not like that we will have to charge US$5.00 per night inclusive breakfast”.
61 AB Street 172, Riverfront, Phnom Penh
- Guest Friendly policy reply by the Sundance Inn & Saloon: “Guests are allowed at no extra cost. Thank You, Harry”.